Oscar-winning film Parasite from Korea is a must-see if you have anything to do with architecture. Here’s why:
1. The attention to the architectural detail in the sets is incredible; this combined with the cinematic experience makes the whole (roller-coaster of a film) an incredible experience.
Below is a YouTube movie that goes into this in a lot more detail (warning #SpoilerAlert)
2. It has the RIBA President’s seal of approval HERE
3. If you’re into 3D modelling, architecture AND film then also check out the 3D models of the houses:
4. My colleague Emmett Scanlon sums it up here on Twitter : “the house in Parasite is a fantasy, a fable and a character in the  story which, maybe all houses are.” :
Designed by production designer Lee Ha Jun, the house in #parasite is a fantasy, a fable and a character in the humans& story which, maybe all houses are. This, I think, is partly why we desire them.
Inside the House From Bong Joon Ho’s Parasite https://t.co/vWBjKyzHte
— Emmett Scanlon (@Emmett_Scanlon) February 10, 2020
5. The house is featuring in the architectural press too. HERE it is in Architectural Digest
So if you haven’t seen it yet, what are you waiting for?
Rendered feature image: ⓒ 2019 CJ ENM CORPORATION, BARUNSON E&A ALL RIGHTS RESERVED