This interesting conundrum rose its head today and whilst I’d normally tweet; the blog gives me more space (and characters) to explain.
• We’re just about to submit commencement information for a new house in Mayo.
• I’m collating the Ancillary Certificates which at the moment are:
– Structural Engineer (Part A Structure)
– BER Asssesor (Part L)
– MHVR Designer (Part F)
– Environmental Consultant (for septic tank/percolation – Part H)
The Environmental Consultant made an interesting point that the design of the percolation area comes from the EPA manuals and the design of the septic tank comes from the manufacturer.
• Is he responsible for design?
• Does he need to complete an Ancillary Certificate?
• Should he have PI insurance?
• Do I need to check his PI insurance?
• Who am I missing in the above list?
Answers on a postcard (or simply comment below):