It’s that time of the year when we look back in review and see how good (or bad) the year has been.
Here are a couple of other years where I’ve done the same thing:
Well what have we done?
* We’ve continued to design and project manage houses through to completion. Here’s one in County Roscommon – you can also see the 3D model & photomontage below:
* We’ve done a lot more refurbishments and extensions and with the changes in nZEB in Ireland – we should be doing more of the similar (hopefully) in 2020:
* I won an award for best Original (non CAD) drawing from the Irish Georgian Society; here I am accepting the award:
* I was instrumental in setting up the Irish branch of Irish Architects Declare on biodiversity & climate emergency ( www.architectsdeclare.ie )
* I’ve renewed my Passivhaus Certification with the Passive House Institute. So if you’re looking for a Passivhaus consultant/designer in 2020 – you’ll know where to come
We’ve also completed a house to the Passivhaus standard (certification pending) with Long Life Structures (as contractors):
* We’ve done a little bit more Commercial work and are open for more in 2020. Below is the new Intreo office in Swinford:
* We just heard before Christmas that we gained planning and won a submission at Appeal on this contemporary extension to a thatched cottage in Adare, Co. Limerick:
* We’ve completed several extensions, refurbishments, conservation projects and look forward to doing more in 2020. Here’s one in Louisburgh that was particularly tricky that pushed ours and our consultants BIM skills to the max
* We’ve done projects of all scales, scope & budgets – here’s a delicate sun room we completed near Newport
* This triple cottage extension in Co. Sligo also completed:
( Photos: Denise K Images )
* I’ve now completed 3 semesters teaching at IT Sligo and look forward to moulding architectural minds when we return in January
And what am I look forward to in 2020?
* I’m a speaker at the Vectorworks Design Summit on Energos & what architects can do re: the Climate Emergency
* The Passivhaus Conference in 2020 is in Berlin – the last time I was there was before the wall falling
* Fingers crossed to upgrade to a Grade 2 Conservation Architect
So upwards & onwards to 2020 – I hope you’ve had a great Christmas & wish you a very prosperous & healthy New Year