5 things potential clients shouldn’t say to architects…
1. I know exactly what I want, I just want you to draw it up.
The architects skills go way beyond ‘just drawing things up’; if you know EXACTLY what you need then you may need someone else other than an architect.
2. I’ve had a few goes at drawing up a plan but I just can’t get it right. I don’t want you to draw anything until I’ve got it right.
I’m not going to even start on this one!
3. I’ve been looking at this book of plans and I’d like this one on page xy
I’d even written a FACT SHEET on this!
4. Phone call at 10.55pm; turn Grand Designs NOW on More 4+1 and copy that!
Same as 3. really
5. I really like the big 2 storey, Georgian Mansion look with columns and large bay windows on either side.
Just so there’s no confusion; here’s the Mayo Design Guide for one-off Rural Houses, read this and then weep.
I’ll be adding to this list when I hear something good (bad)!…(and yes, I’ve heard all of these). Comments as always welcome…